Apple hopes to convince people to buy its $3,500 Vision Pro headset using free 25-minute in-store demos::undefined

• smileyhead
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 months ago

And I thought buying an iPhone was crazy…

• MeekerThanBeaker@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 months ago

Buying Apple products is like buying permanent training wheels for bicycles. There are safeguards in place. The average consumer needs those safeguards. They are gullible, ignorant of technology, and they don’t want to learn.

That said, Apple does do it right, at the cost of high prices and less control. Apple dumbs down their products for their consumers, and it works.

• MrSpArkle@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        6 months ago

Making comments like this is a huge self-own. There are MacBook users whose software powers a good portion of your daily life.

• Rai@lemmy.dbzer0.com
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          6 months ago

As a household with multiple severs, a PiHole, and four self-built desktops… and iPhones, and iPad, and an ancient MacBook, you couldn’t be more correct. That person’s comment is insane.

• MeekerThanBeaker@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          6 months ago

I said “average consumer.” Not people who use the fediverse. I own Apple products. I also own Windows. My comment still stands despite offending other Apple users.

• smileyhead
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        6 months ago

I understand limiting application source to the official one by default. Heck, even on Linux systems the default is always to have just the official repositories enabled, with the exception of Flatpak which is quite sandboxed. And who else Apple would trust to bare the default source than Apple themselfs?

But user must be able to choose otherwise if wants, period.