When talking about the best games of all time people generally mention Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Super Mario 64, Halo 3, The Last of Us, Nier Automata, etc. , but dismiss other great games.

What games do you think are unfairly forgotten from this conversation?

Personally I think the original Dead Rising, Fable: The Lost Chapters, Dragon’s Dogma: The Dark Arisen and Lunar: Eternal Blue should be talked as some of the best games of all time. They’re such great and unique games!

• neosheo
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

Celeste is on my backlog and i just installed it on my laptop, i need to play it in 2024

• neosheo
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

Yeah i’m mostly a controller player so that works for me. Is it that hard? I’ve played stone hard games like dmc/dark souls but this seems very different

• Sina@beehaw.org
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          5 months ago

You will die thousands of times, but until you reach your limit as a gamer it will never feel like banging your head against an unbreakable wall. Just moving around is so much fun in Celeste.

• apotheotic(she/they)@beehaw.org
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          5 months ago

It is an incredibly challenging game, but unlike dark souls it’s an incredibly challenging game that wants you to succeed. If you had the coordination for things like dmc or dark souls I have no doubt you’ll be able to play all the content celeste has, with some perseverance!

• Sina@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

Celeste is the best of all time in its genre. i have put more than 100 hours in it and yet i’m still shit, but it’s just so gratifying to complete a harder screen…