Well i am certainly not using reddit on my tablet anymore.

• @Nalivai
    link
    English
    011 months ago

Yeah, except for the fact that modern Samsung s20 is not really that much more powerful than your s3. Sure it has more RAM, significantly more, but the processor is barely twice as good.
    10 years old device has plenty power to run whatever website can offer, apart from maybe some battery degradation. Hell, I have 20 years old laptop that can do that. The reason it doesn’t is not technical, it’s almost exclusively economical, by which I mean “lazy cheap bastards don’t give a flying fuck about the mountains of e-waste we produce”

• @DoomBot5@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      311 months ago

This is just an ignorant take on things. The S20 has like 4x the core count, and each one of those is at least 2x as energy efficient, and 4x more powerful.

• @RockyBass@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      111 months ago

No way the S20 is only slightly more powerful than an S3. If you’re not using any CPU intensive apps, such as games, then yeah, you aren’t going to see a massive difference. My S7 still runs well enough for browsing, music, and videos, but my S10 will run circles around it if I actually leverage its capabilities.