You have 5 seconds to answer 😃

I’m currently using namecheap to buy cheap domains, I know they are not necessarily cheap in long term, but first year + coupons make them almost free

But now I’ve got some domains I don’t want to just use one year, and it gives pretty much a lot of issues with pricing and privacy

So please, people, share services you use, and tell me whether they are private and/or cheap and/or have all those countless generic domains and not just .com .org .net

• Faceman🇦🇺
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

With Google domains transferring to Squarespace I’ll be transferring my one remaining domain with them to something else soon enough.

I already moved all of my other domains over to a local provider I use for work that has treated me well, but this one last google domain address has my self hosted services on it and I was using some features that I didn’t want to have to transfer so I kept it with google. I was using their ddns service too but my IP is now sticky (effectively static but can change in some rare circumstances) and it has only changed once in the last 3 years so I think I’ll just manually manage the A records if needed until I either go fully static or use a third party ddns provider. I also use email aliasing to use me@mydomain with gmail.