• i_am_not_a_robot
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    5 months ago

Well less than 30 minutes at a time is good because the Vision Pro battery only lasts around two hours and you can’t swap batteries without turning it off.

You can do a lot of things with the Vision Pro that you can’t do with other headsets, but I don’t understand why anybody would want to manage their calendar events in VR, and it seems like there are a lot more things that you would want to do with the Vision Pro that you can’t. If it were really an AR device like a modern Google Glass it would make sense, but with that form factor and a battery life of two hours it can’t really become part of you like that.

• IchNichtenLichten@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      5 months ago

Are you aware that you can plug the battery into a power source and use the headset for as long as you want while the battery charges at the same time?

• i_am_not_a_robot
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        5 months ago

You can, but few people will. It’s not the image Apple wants the device to have. In their promotional videos, the people are constantly wearing the headset and never plugged in.

• NOT_RICK@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

I think it really comes down to what developers do with it in the next couple of years. If they don’t devise some really interesting and meaningful experiences unique to the headset hardware I think it’s a dead end product no matter how much Apple pours into it.

• ton618@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        5 months ago

Not to argue with you, but was there ever a ‘failed’ apple product ? Genuinely curios.

• masterspace@lemmy.ca
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          5 months ago

The Newton famously failed, the Lisa failed, the original Homepod, Apple Maps was a pretty big flop and has only found success through anti-competitive bundling.