• OpticalMoose
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    5 months ago

It’s just the start though. It’s going to spread to any and every thing they can think of. When’s the last time a corporation said “Naw, that’s off limits. We can’t in good conscience monetize that.”

• helenslunch@feddit.nl
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      5 months ago

It’s just the start though. It’s going to spread to any and every thing they can think of.

That’s what I’m asking. What else will it “spread” to?

When’s the last time a corporation said “Naw, that’s off limits. We can’t in good conscience monetize that.”

I didn’t realize this was an ethical discussion?

• 520@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

It has already spread to image and audio generation and manipulation. It has also spread to automated decision making in financial firms.

• helenslunch@feddit.nl
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          5 months ago

It has already spread to image and audio generation and manipulation.

Yeah, once again I don’t see a financial opportunity there.

• zaphod@lemmy.ca
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            5 months ago

You don’t see a financial opportunity in delivering tools to dramatically speed up the creation of emails, reports, presentations, boilerplate graphics, etc?

Tell me you’ve never held a corporate job without telling me you’ve never held a corporate job.

There are people who literally live in Word and Excel every day. For them these tools could be life changing.

And that’s just one obvious userbase.

• helenslunch@feddit.nl
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              5 months ago

Tell me you’ve never held a corporate job without telling me you’ve never held a corporate job.

Ah yes, we’ve reached the derogatory insult part of the discussion.

That’s the part where I bow out. 🖕

• frunch@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                5 months ago

Looks like you were in search of an exit and you found it. You’re whole argument seemed to consist of “no” which would be responded to with more explanation to support their assertion, which you’d again respond “no” to. How many goes round did you think it would last?

Seriously though, if that was an insult/derogatory, i don’t know how long you’re gonna last here or anywhere on the Internet, tbh.

• helenslunch@feddit.nl
                  link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  edit-2
                  5 months ago

Looks like you were in search of an exit and you found it.

Ah yes it’s always my favorite thing to be insulted on the internet.

Seriously though, if that was an insult/derogatory, i don’t know how long you’re gonna last here or anywhere on the Internet, tbh.

I’ve lasted about 20 years so far. Mostly by refusing to engage with people who resort to personal insults when they run out of explanations.

• eltimablo@kbin.social
                    link
                    fedilink
                    arrow-up
                    arrow-down
                    ·
                    5 months ago

More like refusing to engage while repeating the same sentence until people tell you to fuck off, if my experience with you is anything to judge by.