I’ve been on the fence for a while thinking about getting myself a steam deck. I got a great gaming computer and I’m wondering if it can possible accompany it in some way, or is it just the excitement of getting new tech kicking in.

What do you do with your steam deck? What makes you glad that you got it?

• lotanis
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I bought it to play in hotels while travelling for work, but what I most use it for is playing games while sitting on the sofa.

There had always been this separation between PC gaming and handheld/console gaming. With the Deck that separation goes away. The things I would normally go upstairs to play on a PC on my own are now things I can play anywhere.

It works well with almost any game, but it works particularly well with games with control systems designed for gamepads. A great use case are the former Playstation exclusives ported to PC - Spiderman, God of War etc.

• iJojoz@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

This is basically having every console available atm at the palm of your hands

• codus@leby.devM
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Sometimes I’ll find myself streaming the Xbox or PS5 on the couch in front of the TV with it turned off.