• rufus
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

No problem. I wish I could have provided you with a solution. If you have something like a 14 days free return policy, I’d consider returning it. Otherwise, wait a few days before you start thinking about a new motherboard. Maybe someone with a better idea still replies to you.

But I can empathize with your situation. I also used to have hardware that was a mess or didn’t work at all. It’s just annoying.

• Varen@kbin.socialOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

No worries, at least you tried and I‘m grateful for it.

One last thing: so you would also go for mobo replacement? In my opinion its uefi/bios and a new mobo should help, but I like having more opinions…

Thank you again for trying

• rufus
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

It’s likely the mobo. A Ryzen processor and a nvidia 3070 isn’t so uncommon. And you already said you updated the BIOS and put quite an amount of effort in.

If you can return it or have a friend in need of a mobo… I’d swap it… However, there is still a possibility that someone reads your post on the weekend and happens to know something more. Or you use Linux in a VM from within Windows. That may work, I don’t know you, I wouldn’t do it since I use Linux 99% of the time.

Only thing I would advise against is hoping the issue will someday get fixed. In many cases it never happens.