It’s a curious thing. I’m not dismissing any of their claims, but I find it a bit interesting that they can so easily uncover everything that the government doesn’t want you to know when it’s hidden for a reason.

• rufus
    cake
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    5 months ago

“Q” hands it over to them in form of riddles.

• LinkOpensChest.wav@lemmy.blahaj.zone
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

That’s the part that I don’t get. If there are really dark things going on, the last thing people involved would do is leave clues out in the open for all to see. How can anyone believe this?

• rufus
        cake
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        5 months ago

Generally speaking you’re right. Makes zero sense.

But I think you’re overthinking this when it comes to things like QAnon. Q just knows. Doesn’t really matter why. Maybe he sneaked in and spied on them. Maybe he’s smart and figured it out. I tried to look it up what they claim is the reason why Q knows things like that… But in the end I don’t think it is important. It is a cult / sect. The leader has some kind of divine inspiration. And -of course- they are very mysterious and also talk that way. And cults are crazy… Even if everything turns out to be false, they still follow their leader. (And lots of the early predictions from Q turned out not to happen. That’s why Q got more and more mysterious with predictions. But even blatant false predictions don’t stop people from following their cult leaders.)

It really isn’t a process that has anything to do with reasoning. So you can’t analyze it that way. It makes the followers feel a certain way. Gives meaning to their lives. The existence of a (made-up) conspiracy explains why they struggle in life. Why the world feels more and more complex. Believing it makes them right and their opponents automatically wrong.

All you have to do is believe. Humans gladly do it despite being confronted with contradicting facts. (see religion, cults, …)