Permanently Deleted

• @1rre
    link
    edit-2
    4 months ago

For real though

It’s all the fun banning puritans who got booted out of the country after their coup and subsequent dictatorship finally got overthrown who were the bulk of the Thirteen Colonies, which largely just left the “love thy neighbour” Christians who actually campaign against racism, homophobia, climate change and whatever else can be seen as people insulting “God’s creation” which frankly I can completely get behind even if I don’t believe it as such.

Frankly I don’t get the mind bending logic to ignoring all the “everyone is God’s child, he has made them as he sees fit, he loves them, you should love them too” stuff in the bible and skipping past to a small subsection which says that men shouldn’t sleep together, especially when they ignore the fact that the same section says that anyone who works on a Sunday should be put to death along with a bunch of other wild and wacky stuff that we just all collectively agree was a product of the time it was written…

• conciselyverbose
      link
      fedilink
      44 months ago

Also Jesus pretty much tossed out all the “unclean” nonsense in Peter’s dream or whatever.

I wonder how many of them follow the diet though.