Over 100 children at the school are susceptible to virus.

• gloss
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    4 months ago

Hey guys, thanks to anti-vax grifter podcasts we now have diseases we had almost defeated circulating again! Humans are so cool!

• doctorcrimson@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        4 months ago

I feel such deep and powerful hatred because it’s not just a sudden illness that goes away. People don’t realize that not only will some of these children die but some of them will develop lifelong debilitating illness such as central nervous system diseases including SSPE as well as a type of AIDs. Viruses cause permanent damage.

In the same way that Polio can cripple people, Chickenpox can cause shingles, and the Spanish Flu lead to a worldwide outbreak of Encephalitis Lethargica characterized by a chronic loss of consciousness trapping you inside your own body like a prison.

Those people are subjecting this to children. If I wrote the laws, this would be a crime punished on the same level as murder.

• beefbot@lemmy.blahaj.zone
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        3 months ago

Idk. You leave shitty comments around in the same irresponsible way that the antivax parents do. You think people give a shit about what you say, exactly like them.

You don’t hate this place. You fucking hate yourself. Taking a shit over in some unrelated thread may feel good to you but it can’t hide how weak and just… sad you are

• squozenode@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      4 months ago

Right?!

The solution to this problem isn’t just “within your reach” IT’S IN YOUR FUCKING HAND!!!

• helenslunch@feddit.nl
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      4 months ago

This shit goes back way further than podcasts. I think Jenny McCarthy popularized in the early 00s.