Hello all! I would like to know what games give you that cozy, fuzzy feeling of simple happiness.

I’m currently experiencing this with Tchia, a wholesome game about a girl doing fun stuff on an island.

Weirdly enough I have a similar thing going with Doom (2016) at the moment. Something about the intensity of the levels and the interesting map design make me feel really satisfied and immersed.

Lastly, Super Mario 3D World really has a similar effect to Tchia, we’re I immediately get a happy feeling just by booting it up and looking at the wonderful colors en design.

What is your go-to game for feeling relaxes or happy?

• soulsource
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago
    • Book of Hours. It’s a strange game, set in the Secret Histories, the same setting that Cultist Simulator had. Unlike Cultist Simulator, which was rather gruesome, Book of Hours is a relaxed game, about cleaning out and restoring an abandoned library, reading the occult books left in it, and drinking tea with your guests.
    • Potionomics. While it’s primarily a puzzle game about brewing potions, it has a lot of heartwarming dialogue.
    • Settlers 2 (the original DOS game, not the remake). The Settlers series was what brought up the term “Wuselfaktor” (No clue how to translate this. There is an English explanation of the term in this article.), and imho Settlers 2 is (by far) the best part of that series.
    • Kerbal Space Program. I can’t say why this game makes me happy, but it does. There’s something strangely relaxing about drifting through space in free-fall, seeing the planetary surface pass by at high speed below.