President Joe Biden won the Michigan Democratic primary on Tuesday, but over 100,000 voters cast their ballots for ā€œuncommittedā€ in an organized campaign protesting U.S. support for Israelā€™s assault on Gaza. The major battleground state is home to one of the largest Arab American populations in the country, but the movement to vote ā€œuncommittedā€ is now expected to spread to other states, including Minnesota and Washington. ā€œIā€™ve rarely seen such an organic and authentic movement come together,ā€ says former Democratic congressmember from Michigan Andy Levin. ā€œWe really need actual change in policy, and I think we sent that message strongly last night.ā€ President of the Arab American Institute James Zogby says that Democratic voters need a reason to come out to the polls. ā€œWe gave them a reason with ā€˜uncommitted.ā€™ Joe Bidenā€™s got to give them a reason in November,ā€ says Zogby. ā€œThere is genocide unfolding. People want it to end. The president either is going to have to act decisively to end it, or itā€™s going to have an impact in November.ā€

• Uvine_Umbra
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    Ā·
    edit-2
    4 months ago

if you look about, this has been spammed out like 1000 times to the lemmy main feed by accounts made in the last week or 2 like itā€™s some disinformation campaign.

• phreekno@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      Ā·
      4 months ago

Ok. This article was from today but I understand your sentiment. Now why would I lecture you on palestine?

• Uvine_Umbra
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        Ā·
        edit-2
        4 months ago

I wasnā€™t taking any chances on having a feed filled with ā€œyouā€™re evil, Palestine labor X Z P etcā€. I just donā€™t want any part of those debates.