• DogMuffins
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

It sucks that Greta gets so much attention. The right uses her as a kind of straw man of climate change. She’s so dislikable.

• DogMuffins
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 year ago

She’s everything conservatives are not - young, intelligent, educated and principled.

Imagine your average facebook-posting climate-denier. Do you think Greta is the right messenger to reach them ?

• rjs001@lemmygrad.ml
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          1 year ago

Intelligent? She supports the Ukrainian dictator, Zelensky. She apologized for supporting and attacked the idea of anti-facism. She’s a far-right reactionary.

• DogMuffins
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            1 year ago

This is exactly what I mean. Merely mention her name and everyone starts frothing at the mouth. Her message is completely lost.

• rjs001@lemmygrad.ml
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              1 year ago

Her message we should support far right war criminals like Zelensky? And it’s not like his actions are good for the environment. Generally bombing and shelling regions and using depleted uranium rounds aren’t something environmentalists like.

• rjs001@lemmygrad.ml
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              1 year ago

Dude, you are against the Tulsa masacre being taught and think drag queens are “grooming”. If you think anyone wants to listen to you, you have another thing coming.

• md5crypto@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                1 year ago

I didn’t say I was against it being taught. I just want balance with other things. You can’t just teach the Howard Zinn version of history and get away with it.

• rjs001@lemmygrad.ml
                  link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  1 year ago

So you just want to deny it. Dude, go back to your fat-right websites where you can deny the actual history of how the black people in the US were and are oppressed.

• SoLongSealion@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Oh I misunderstood your first comment. So being young, intelligent, educated, etc. means that you specifically dislike her? Or that everyone on Facebook does?

• DogMuffins
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

I’m not saying that I dislike her.

In fact after the small dick energy thing she will always have a special place in my heart.

I’m saying, if you were to choose an ambassador for the climate change movement who will reach and influence climate change laggards… Greta is a very poor choice.

In fact I’d go as far as to say she only gets so much media attention precisely because she generates so much hatred from conservatives.

• SoLongSealion@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              1 year ago

I don’t think any climate activist could get a message like that into their thick skulls. Props to her for trying though.