Hi,

I will certainly buy a new android phone in the next month and I will need help choosing which one.

My requirements : has support from LineagesOs, ability to root, good battery, NFC and Google Pay should work even after root, camera should be at least OK, price under 200€ (or even 150€). I have seen devices in that range that satisfy almost all the requirements.

My current phone is Mi Mix 2 from 2019 and still usable but battery drain in one day even though I don’t use it that much. I changed battery recently but nothing changed so I am always carrying an external battery. So a similar phone with bigger battery and good camera can be a good candidate. I always bought Xiaomi devices and I don’t know how are the other brands.

• beeng
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

Root + Google pay is possible at all?

• Sprokes@jlai.luOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      4 months ago

Yes, it is possible with play integrity bypass module for magisk.

It is working on my current phone and in fact I did the config just yesterday after upgrading to LineagesOs 21.

• Zak@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

It’s also working for me with the same setup. I made a real transaction with it today.

• dracs@programming.dev
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

Yes it’s possible. From my very basic understanding of it there’s two ways Google can verify devices, using software or dedicated hardware. As long as Google continues to accept the software check you can root and still pass. Google can’t reject the software results without cutting off a large number of older or cheaper phones. There’s no way to get around the hardware check as far as I know.