Alrighty,

So your system knows the exact situation and still is slowing down my bike, just at the moment I need to accelerate to avoid being overrun by that large truck heading into me.

How stupid are these folks? We’ve got rules, when people don’t follow those rules, you fine them. Case closed.

No system to prevent a bike speeding, teach people to obey the law.

• eco_game
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

And the system would need to be installed in all street legal ebikes for that to happen.

Wouldn’t street legal ebikes not go too fast by default anyway? I feel like if that’s the case, this would mostly inconvenience people with legal ebikes and have barely any effect on illegal ones that can go faster.

• Da Bald Eagul@feddit.nl
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

Street legal bikes can be modified. This system would, in theory, make it harder to exceed speed limits on assisted pedalling, or at least easier to find those who do it and fine them.

• utopiah@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 months ago

at least easier to find those who do it and fine them.

Missed that part, can you please clarify how?

• Da Bald Eagul@feddit.nl
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          3 months ago

This is speculative, but since it uses a standardized system, it should be easier to check if anything has been modified. And it is connected to some remote system, so that may allow for extra opportunities to catch them too.