I love Chromium on Android, but not having uBlock origin makes me stick with Firefox (or Mull).

• MeatAndSarcasmGuy@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

It’s incredibly difficult to get the non-mobile-approved extensions added to Firefox. I remember it took me a couple of hours to get it configured and I had to change my browser to the nightly version, which I did not want to do for stability reasons.

It was even more difficult to install “unsupported” browser extensions. I had to install a very old version of Fennec F-Droid, install the extension, then update to the most current version of Fennec to keep the extension. Through trial and error across several different Firefox versions, I probably wasted 3 hours getting it set up on my phone.

If you are not motivated and tech savvy (ish), the chances of getting a non-supported extension on Firefox are quite slim.

• MeatAndSarcasmGuy@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

As I said, I wound up on Fennec F-Droid to get the unsupported extension; but if you have any recommendations on browsers on F-Droid that can streamline the process, I would certainly be interested in hearing about them!