Data from two research firms and figures published by Musk and X suggest a deteriorating situation for X by some metrics. Musk has marketed it as the world’s “town square,” but in number of users it continues to lag far behind social media rivals that focus on video, such as Instagram and TikTok.

In February, X had 27 million daily active users of its mobile app in the U.S., down 18% from a year earlier, according to Sensor Tower, a market intelligence firm based in San Francisco. The U.S. user base has been flat or down every month since November 2022, the first full month of Musk’s owning the app, and in total it’s down 23% since then, Sensor Tower said.

• EmperorHenry
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    3 months ago

People on mastodon and lemmy keep saying twitter is dead, but it’s actually very active.

One of the idiots that replied to that comment of mine literally said they don’t go there anymore but looked at me like I’m some kind of idiot for just saying that people are still tweeting. Out of the two of us, I’m the one who still goes there, they don’t go there anymore.

So who do you think would know better about what’s going on on twitter as of late?

• BreakDecks@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      3 months ago
      1. The post you responded to didn’t say that Twitter is “dead”.
      2. People who still use Twitter are, in fact, idiots.
      3. NBC News does seem to be a more credible source than you on this topic.
    • VerbFlow@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      3 months ago

As for me, it should be dead. I’m tired of having people link Twitter, as if any good person will join a discussion on there. It’s a digital parasite feeding off ad revenue and it should be taken down so people stop linking to it and posting on there.