I asked if people chose iPhone for the blue bubbles elsewhere a couple days ago, and while there was some good discourse on that post, the blue bubbles definitely also came up as a reason.

In my experience, when people find out my texts are green, they oftentimes would rather switch to a different platform altogether like Instagram or just not text at all.

Is this actually a deal-breaker in friendships out there?

• Rolivers
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

I can’t stand iOS or any of Apples’ faux premium nonsense. Everything is clunky and unintuitive to me and I just want something that works without having to jump through hoops all the time. Android isn’t perfect but it’s a lot more functional

• pazukaza@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

There are very weird limitations in IPhone apps. The only reason I’d buy an IPhone would be the photo quality. But I don’t take photos so mhe.

• Letstakealook@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

The iPhone picture quality thing is something intentionally created by Apple. They make pictures sent from other os’s look shitty on purpose.

• Oneobi@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Remember when work issued me with a macbook. Holy frustrating learning curve that is so unintuitive.

I still hate that thing lol

• Rolivers
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Haha. I took over my wife’s old macbook because she got a new one and my laptop broke down. I lasted a good 30 minutes before getting rid of MacOS and replacing it with Linux. It’s surprisingly similar but isn’t bloated with Apple crap.