I was just getting interested in Neeva as a paid search engine with some cool AI tools where you’re not an advertising target because you pay. This explains the sudden refund from Neeva - they apparently got bought out and are no longer being a search engine. I don’t really know what to make of it all.

I suppose it makes my decision between it and Kagi easier - I don’t really have a choice. Kagi is a lot more expensive, but I get work to pay for it. Though that does make it harder to potentially recommend to other people I know.

Not that I ever thought paid search would massively take off, but unlike many tasks, search can be centralized enough on a per user basis that something other than ads is worth exploring.

• @ch1cken
    link
    511 months ago

I actually found the results better on Brave Search than on Neeva

same, i’ve actually found brave’s results to be of very high quality, especially ever since they brought the ai tools, actually works well rather than being a gimmick. Website descriptions are also utilising it, and should be specific to the search term (which is indicated by bold text)

The only issue i have with it though, is that they removed the images section and now redirect to bing/google, and not even something like duckduckgo/startpage at least. Hopefully they add it back soon

• Veloxization
      link
      fedilink
      411 months ago

I just made a redirect that makes it go to Startpage images instead of Google images. While having it native would be infinitely better, it’s a nice workaround for now.