Sometimes I think this whole process of deleting content from Reddit in protest hasn’t really worked out for everyone…

• RBG
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    3 months ago

I agree with you but you won’t get any points with that around here. Some people here are already of the opinion that if they can get an AI to respond to a question correctly 90% of the time, they don’t need these deleted comments archived anymore. Don’t even know how to argue with someone like that.

• My Password Is 1234@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      3 months ago

I’m the type of user who independently seeks information on internet forums before asking a question, because in 99% of cases, someone has already had the same problem as me.

I usually Google the phrase I’m looking for, adding the word “reddit” to it, and almost always get what I want. And I’ll continue to do so until the Lemmy knowledge base is sufficiently expanded to replace the Reddit knowledge base.

• gregorum@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        3 months ago

Here’s a novel concept: just ask the question here. I can provide the same answer I did on Reddit, now with the benefit of many more years’ worth of knowledge and experience.

Whether or not, you can access my old answer from many years ago instantly via Google is not a concern for me. I didn’t put that comment on Reddit many years ago for your personal convenience, And complaining about it now sounds more than a little bit entitled. If you wanna be mad at anyone, be mad at Reddit for shitting all over the free content, the users provided by taking advantage of them.

• Boozilla@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          3 months ago

Thank you. I have started seeing more questions asked and answered on lemmy and it’s giving me a teeny tiny spark of hope.

And of course, if nobody answers a question, there’s always Cunningham’s Law. That works here, too…