• niva
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Is this with or without the steam deck?

Not that I don’t like the steam deck, I think it is really great for linux adaption. I am just curious.

• teawrecks@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      11 months ago

This is in the StatCounter FAQ:

Are laptops included in the desktop platform?

Yes. Laptops and desktop machines are included in the desktop platform together. We use the browser useragent to determine the platform and there is not enough information contained in the useragent to distinguish between laptops and desktops. That is why we do not have a separate laptop platform.

So it sounds like they’re using the useragent to distinguish between mobile and desktop. So most likely, yes, steam decks would be counted as desktops, but only to the degree that they are used to browse the internet. I suspect most steam deck users don’t do that, but I don’t know, I don’t have a steam deck.

• niva
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

That makes sense, thank you!

• const void*@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Wonder what dent the 40M rasberry pi’s make, not to mention virtual desktops and the like! The number may be higher than 3%!

• Dubious_Fart@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

probably not much, since i imagine most raspberry pis are being used for an embedded project and not as a desktop/web browsing computer.