• RBG
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    3 months ago

Title doesn’t match the content, but maybe that was the joke and I am just overtired.

• RBG
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        3 months ago

Yeah, when they swim in the ocean that gets polluted with trash from people. In the comic the ninja turtle is using a straw as intended. I mean, if you use a straw how often did it ever get stuck like that in your face if you just used it to drink something?

• snooggums@midwest.social
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          3 months ago

Thatsthejoke.jpg

The punchline is absurd, and the title doubles down. I found it hysterical in its ridiculousness.

• The Picard Maneuver@lemmy.worldOP
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          3 months ago

The absurdism of the situation is the joke. As in, even intelligent anthropomorphic turtles can still be defeated by a plastic drinking straw.

• palordrolap@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 months ago

Imagine: It is bedtime and you could have done with a nap at some point earlier in the day. Everything seems five times more difficult and you are struggling to even brush your teeth before bed. When you finally climb into bed, you cannot get off to sleep.

This is overtired.

When you climb out of bed in the morning wishing you could have had an extra hour, this is merely tired. No over- necessary. Unless you didn’t sleep anyway.