link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    3 months ago

I do think that microsoft copilot is good enough for alot of people. I really like it, much more than chat gpt. And that they give you “GPT 4” for free which is cool

Would I love it being forced? No

They will create the same situation as Ubuntu Snap. Is Snap bad? Actually not. Is everything else regarding Snap like Snap Store or the fact that they force it down your throat good? No

• werefreeatlast@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      3 months ago

Copilot likes you back! Actually it has fallen in love with you. Now it downloads automatically wherever you go. Even in the shower when you’re pretending to not touch yourself. Oh it knows everything! C’mon think about purchasing someth…too late! It’s already delivered! Pilot cancelled your meeting with Stacy Fredrickson. It’s jealous of her. But don’t worry because pilot can have any boob size you prefer. In fact pilot is any ethnicity you are attracted to and is waiting for you in bed right now. Just pick up the various items from the porch to make a sensitive feedback gizmo so you can pilot can be together foreve…30 years or so per the contract. Anyway, Microsoft is proud to present pilot. Pilot would like you to please call her Jessica. And if you use your last name with her, she will get you optimized seating and personalized flight paths.

• T156@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        3 months ago

Not exactly, ChatGPT is OpenAI’s GPT interface. Whereas CoPilot is Microsoft’s, and has a bunch of plugins and tweaks to suit their uses. The underlying model is the same, but not the customisation.

Think of it like different flavours of Android. Samsung, Google, and Nothing all have their own spins, even if they all run Android under the hood.

• cy_narrator
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          3 months ago

Also ChatGPT 4 is paid but Copilot is free

• T156@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            3 months ago

Unclear, as I don’t work for Microsoft. But searching Bing isn’t part of the default GPT function set, that’s at least one proprietary one that they’ve specifically done up for their own uses.