A simple question to this community, what are you self-hosting? It’s probably fun to hear from each-other what services we are running.

Please mention at least the service (e.g. e-mail) and the software (e.g. postfix). Extra bonus points for also mentioning the OS and/or hardware (e.g. Linux Distribution, raspberry pi, etc) you are running on.

• rmstyle@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

How did you get Monica running? I’ve tried the docker scripts but had no luck with them.

• rmstyle@feddit.de
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Did you use any instructions? Couldn’t find anything but ansible script when searching the web.

• scrchngwsl@feddit.uk
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Monica (personal relationship manage… kinda unused because I’m always too lazy to fill it with data)

I need a personal relationship manager manager to manage my personal relationship manager.

• Kyoyeou (Ki jəʊ juː)@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I’m a but confused on FreshRSS but I think I’m not understanding a point. Isn’t the concept of RSS that you basically get the information on different web pages with RSS Flux into one place that you can read like you would read journals?

• Ungoliantsspawn@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Well each site RSS is just an XML file, you need a reader to present it in a nice readable format. Apart from that, I have a couple hundred RSS I follow on my Miniflux instance to visit each site individualy would take for ever and I would have to memorize were I last was on each site. Hope this helps

• palitu@lemmy.perthchat.org
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

yeah ok. Most of the time, i just point mealie to a website to import the recipe. That said, you can copy and paste the ingredients and methods using the bulk import. It is a bit finicky, but not too bad.

That said, i want to be pretty loose with things like being explicit with measurements, i don’t need or want to do the auto-scaling, etc.

As for the shopping list, i use “bring”, which basically say buy cheese, not buy 500g Kraft Cheddar cheese, i just need to be reminded to buy a block of cheese. or maybe add grated cheese

All the other ones required too many specific, so i am happy with the simple ones.

• palitu@lemmy.perthchat.org
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              1 year ago

I dont worry too much about aisles, i think bring sorts it in various categories, but doesn’t link it to aisles.

How would it do the aisles anyway, arent all shops different? and especially different in different countries.