• chiisana@lemmy.chiisana.net
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

The linked toot states for publish on the altstore, which is not the App Store. Is there a different statement elsewhere stating otherwise?

link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          3 months ago

So does altstore. With the core technology fees and application requirements, it is much much higher than the 99/yr developer fee.

Also that’s besides the point. I’m trying to learn if the developer said they’d publish on the App Store, not the AltStore.

• TWeaK@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            3 months ago

I mean it’s not beside the point if the reason for not publishing on the App Store was money.

I had no idea about Altstore going in, but looking into it it’s all done over Patreon, and I can’t find reference to any fees you mention. The most expensive Patreon tier for them is $8.50 per month, or $102 per year, however $3 (at an early bird rate) or $36 per year is enough to allow you to use 3rd party hosts for your app.

link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              3 months ago

https://developer.apple.com/support/core-technology-fee

Also worth noting, distribution on third party App Store does not exempt developers from the developer program fee — Developers must sign a separate agreement to opt into the new business terms.

So, not only they are still responsible for the $99/yr fee, they’d need to sign a new agreement to opt into the new business terms, which has a separate additional fee schedule attached.

• TCB13@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            3 months ago

Also that’s besides the point. I’m trying to learn if the developer said they’d publish on the App Store, not the AltStore.

From what I see his fediverse accounts it doesn’t seem like it… there are multiple people asking him to publish on the App Store and he seems to be conveniently ignoring all of them.

link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 months ago

I’ve seen that. Thanks! Now if only they’d enable it for Europe instead of forcing people to use their AltStore, which ends up costing them more, AND costing everyone else more.

• TCB13@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      3 months ago

Read his post again: “Delta has been **APPROVED for distribution with @altstore **”. There’s no App Store here.

I believe you may have missed that apps distributed using alternative stores still need to be summited and approved by Apple.