• @Drinvictus
    link
    English
    -92 months ago

Investors are closely watching for updates on artificial intelligence development at Apple, which has so far spoken little about incorporating the AI technology into its devices.

I fucking hate apple but they’re on the right side of this fucking AI train.

• @halva
      link
      English
      152 months ago

I don’t want to disappoint, but

• @VirtualOdour@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      42 months ago

They’ve had an ai assistant baked into everything for years, though it barely even registers as ai because it’s so shit but that’s what siri is.

• @Drinvictus
        link
        English
        -22 months ago

Siri isn’t ai based though. Far from it.

• @VirtualOdour@sh.itjust.works
          link
          fedilink
          English
          22 months ago

It absolutely is, it’s machine learning and natural language processing. It’s not exactly the same as chatGPT and often called weak ai but we’ll be calling chatGPT weak ai in a couple of years when we’ve moved on from LLMs

• Mbourgon everywhere
      link
      fedilink
      English
      22 months ago

Unfortunately, it’s probably just because it’s a “major version” feature. All reporting sounds like they are using one of two different models, either their own or possibly googles, but they want that to be a big part of the push for the new phone, I’m sure, just like they did with the iPhone 4s and Siri. I’m hoping it just incorporates more local device features, like better shortcuts and better Siri. I don’t need it to draw photos, I don’t need for it to look up shit on the Internet… But if it could summarize the page I’m currently reading, that might be nice