Howdy guys! Just like most of you, I have been in a never ending quest to find the perfect font and the color theme. Did you guys ever find what you were looking for?

I can’t say I’m 100% satisfied with what I have right now, But I am very happy with the current font I am using. You can see it in the picture. It’s called ‘Grey beard’. The color theme is ‘Sonokai’.

If you guys used bitmap fonts as well, what are your favorite color themes? Even if you don’t use bitmap fonts do you have any good suggestions?

Thank you! And have a wonderful day!

• sujeewaOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Huh that’s really cool! I tried installing solarized on my neovim. With typescript and rust it did not look very appealing to me. I suspect it was a little different from the solarized theme I had on VSCode, which looked very nice. I should try to find some better alternatives.

• Panda@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I must say I don’t like Solarized in all IDEs. It’s been around for a while and I never really got myself to like it until now.

There are some themes I really like in Visual Studio Code but really don’t like in Rider.

I must say I spent way too much time last week trying to find a good theme to switch to. I like to change things up every once in a while just to make things look fresh and new again. For some reason, if I’m stuck, I find that it really helps (is that silly? Haha).

By the way, if you want to know to automatically set up the light/dark mode in Windows, I used this link to set it up. I then made sure any applications I automatically wanted to switch themes were set to ‘System theme’ or ‘OS theme’ or something like that.

• sujeewaOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Very interesting! Thank yo so much. Right now I am on Linux, but sounds cool.

Haha I have the same habit. Every once in a while I get the urge to change themes to make things look fresh. These couple of days it took a weird turn, now I’m changing themes + fonts lol!

Good luck with finding a good theme. I haven’t used Rider but Sonokai, tokyonight, rose pine, falcon, gruvbox-material, oxocarbon are some good themes I found.

• Panda@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

You’re welcome! And you good luck as well! Thank you for the suggestions! I tried gruvbox for a bit and it looks really nice. Haven’t heard of the Rose Pine or Falcon ones so I’ll be sure to check those out as well!

• Panda@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              1 year ago

Today I found out I wasn’t actually using the Solarized Dark theme but the XCode Dark theme. Oops!

And thank you! You have a great day as well!