• silmaril
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    vor 5 Monaten

That’s a great feature, indeed!

I just downloaded this file and opened the notebook in LabPlot. This worked fine in general, but in some places I got errors because of missing packages.

I can see that there is a requirements.txt in the same repo two folders up.

How do I install packages into the environment LabPlot uses? Where can I define a venv for LabPlot? Can I define different venvs for different projects?

• silmaril
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        vor 5 Monaten

I think it should be quite simple to make this possible.

All we need is a parameter for the python binary path in the CAS Python configuration.

This could be improved further by adding such a parameter to the project, which would override the global value if it is set and which could be a relative path, too. (OK, maybe we would also need some kind of automatism to find the correct binary both on Windows and Linux, because the path from the venv to the acutal python binary is different depending on the system).

• LabPlot@floss.socialOP
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          vor 5 Monaten

@silmaril unfortunately this is more complicated… we’re not communicating with the binary like this is the case for example for Maxima and Octave but embedding the interpreter at runtime. So, our binaries are linked to python’s shared library. This is done at build step and this is the reason why we can only work with the “system version” of Python. This is an important topic that was raised to us already multiple times and we hope we can start working on it in the near future.