• rufus
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    2 months ago

Hehe. You’re right. Lemmy certainly isn’t the pinnacle of communication platforms. I kind of have my hopes up for a worthy successor… The Piefed people seem to have some good ideas.

Ultimately there isn’t a technical solution to everything. Could be very well the case that platforms, individual behaviour and society needs to change. In order to achieve change.

I like this threaded structure of conversation. And Lemmy is okay. It’s not perfect but I occasionally enjoy spending some of my time here. I hope it’s going to improve and the community might do, too. I’m not aware of any better alternative.

I don’t think the Fediverse is “worse” than something else… It’s a good idea and approach. But it’s more complicated than just that.

And I’d also like more democracy on the internet. And the place being built for the people, not any advertisers or other stakeholders… Technically that should be possible. The Fediverse isn’t there (yet) but I think it has some potential to go that direction. At least technologically.