• RBG
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    2 months ago

Long press on app icon. Rename. Maybe your launcher does not have that.

And that first screen. You see that a split second when the app starts, if something like this is a problem for you to use the app then you cannot be helped.

• velox_vulnus@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      2 months ago

Long press on app icon. Rename. Maybe your launcher does not have that.

That’s called a workaround, it is not considered a fix. But I never had that issue to begin with. Can you edit this without pushing your own commit and rebuilding the app entirely?

Sure..

And that first screen. You see that a split second when the app starts, if something like this is a problem for you to use the app then you cannot be helped.

I suggested OP that they use Mull, which is what I use, and that there are a few grievances that I have. I don’t have to explain to you what mild inconveniences are, do I? I also don’t recall asking for your help, neither did I ask for you to assume that I have problems with such minor issues. I am not going to create a fork just for that, I trust the defaults by the Divest team for privacy-focused browsing.

• Rustmilian@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        2 months ago

Can you edit this without pushing your own commit and rebuilding the app entirely?

You can’t do shit because it’s a problem with your phone. This is not something handled by the app. The app only provides the icon, it’s Android that’s supposed to handle the launch animation; that’s why launch animations can look completely different on phone’s made by different OEMs.

• velox_vulnus@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          2 months ago

I’d recommend you get your eyes checked, because you have no clue what you’re talking about. The above comment has nothing to do with Mull’s icon - but about Fennec’s name - which, again, is me nitpicking. And just stop it, because I have no interest in continuing this conversation and making an issue out of something mildly infuriating - I was pointing it, because it slightly bothers me. End of convo, peace, I’m out.

• velox_vulnus@lemmy.ml
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              2 months ago

My dear netizen, I am not talking about icon label in the desktop:

the icon

I am talking about this:

the app

I’m merely asking how you’d use a launcher to modify the text?

• Rustmilian@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                edit-2
                2 months ago

You mean the home page branding. Just change the home tab to a different page, problem solved. Might need to be done via about:config but it should be possible; I know it’s possible in Mull at least, I had changed it a one point a few months ago when I was going through the config options and it worked.