Previous Thread | Next Thread

Hey everybody! We are well into the Winter 2024 season now and I hope you have gotten the chance to shop around different shows and pick a couple that connect with you. Feel free to talk about it like normal in this thread. However, I thought it might be fun to also ask people about their favorite OPs and EDs of the season. I picked my favorites out in the comments and I would love to see yours as well!

As always, remember to be mindful of spoilers. If you want to know more about how to handle spoilers in this community, check the guide here (also linked in the sidebar).

• wjs018@ani.socialOPM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

Seems like the Instant Death Ability’s Musical Prowess was overpowered when it came to your tastes! If you are watching the show, what are your thoughts? I have seen plenty of OP MC series in the past, but the series hadn’t really caught my eye for this season.

• Endmaker@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

If you are watching the show, what are your thoughts?

Just a disclaimer, I have read the novel, so I am biased.

Personally, this story is the most satisfying power fantasy. Too many other series tried the same formula, but they degenerate into the same “battle shonen”-y stories anyway. This story takes overpowered-ness to the extreme, and stayed true to itself all the way.

novel spoiler

I also enjoyed how the author made fun of these other series when OP "MC"s get isekai-ed into this world, only to die to Yogiri right away.

I have seen plenty of OP MC series in the past, but the series hadn’t really caught my eye for this season.

That’s fine. Entertainment is subjective after all. Plus there’s too many decent / good shows this season.

• wjs018@ani.socialOPM
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          5 months ago

Sounds like this might be interesting then. As somebody that loves The Eminence in Shadow LNs, taking OP to an extreme and never apologizing about it sounds worth checking out. Thanks for the recommendation!