Previous Thread | Next Thread

Hey everybody! We are well into the Winter 2024 season now and I hope you have gotten the chance to shop around different shows and pick a couple that connect with you. Feel free to talk about it like normal in this thread. However, I thought it might be fun to also ask people about their favorite OPs and EDs of the season. I picked my favorites out in the comments and I would love to see yours as well!

As always, remember to be mindful of spoilers. If you want to know more about how to handle spoilers in this community, check the guide here (also linked in the sidebar).

• ReluctantZen@feddit.nl
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    5 months ago

Watching the 4th ep of Metallic Rouge and I still have no idea what the plot is, what the characters want, and so much more. The only thing that’s known is that there’s Neans and an Immortal Nine that need to be killed by our protagonists for whatever reason. That all we know. It’s like I skipped season 1 and started the anime with season 2.

Also added 99 Level Villainess, The Witch and The Beast and Doctor Elise to my watching list for this season. They’re good fun. Am planning to pick up Delusional Monthly Magazine as well. Edit: watched 2 episodes. This is not it… Won’t continue.

I dropped Hokkaido Gals because I could’t stand Tsubasa in anime form. I’d much rather read the manga. Also dropped Foolish Angel Dances With The Devil. Not my thing.

Regarding favourite OP of the season: the new Frieren OP is such a banger. I like The Apothecary Diaries OP too.

• wjs018@ani.socialOPM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

I have yet to watch Metallic Rouge episode 4, but plan on doing so in the next couple hours. At this point, I think my expectations have been brought down to Earth (Mars?). The opening was just so cool with tons of style, but the story just isn’t there. I think I am going to be content to finish watching the season for the vibes more than anything else and I am not really going to try to hard to make sense of an incoherent story.

Hokkaido Gals

I have told myself for the past couple weeks that I will drop this and just read the manga instead. However, I have kept watching and also started reading the manga. I am really bad at dropping series once I get a couple episodes in :(

The Frieren OP is pretty darn good. I think it often gets overlooked because of how much of a standout the ED is.