• qooqie@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

Yay equal sexism and racism for everyone! Hope they can get past the bold asshats that feel secure being behind the internet. The mute feature in many games is extremely handy. I still get people in my dota games being extremely sexist when a women speaks

• deweydecibel@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        11 months ago

Been playing multiplayer games since I was a kid, I’m in my 30s now, I am loooong past the point of ever playing any online game without automuting everyone unless I know them. I’m utterly done with letting loudmouth shitheads ruin my enjoyment. Even games where they substitute an in-game chat with some emote bullshit, I mute those too.

One of the things I like about LoL Wild Rift on mobile is that they have a detailed ping system so you don’t have to use the in-game chat (because it’s on phones). It’s so much nicer than PC LoL. The games move faster, so no one has the time to pull up the touch keyboard and harass you.

• rockerface@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

I can only play Overwatch without tilting if I disable text and voice chat, except with my friends that I know IRL. And that’s considering I’m a guy. Interestingly enough, the coordination doesn’t really suffer with the ping system