oh dear. i thought it was a belt, not the addition of a mid rift top…

why would that happen anyway? seems stupid to me. why mid rift midriff!?!

edit: turns out i was a bit too literal… it is a rift in the middle of her clothes…

• mozz@mbin.grits.dev
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    5 months ago

Like a lot of technology it depends on what you do with it. A train can carry your stuff more effectively than a mule. You can use it to carry materials to build a university, or raw ingredients for a new drug that you can manufacture at scale, and that’s probably a good thing. You can use it to carry weapons for a war that doesn’t need to happen, or cattle from an increasingly-industrialized food supply, and that’s a bad thing. You can maintain it poorly and spill toxic chemicals. Up to you.

• palitu@aussie.zoneOP
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

i have found some interesting uses, someone at work gets it to summarise meeting minutes, pretty good at it too, but you MUST review it, and ensure that it capture everything as well as the right conclusions.

I do think that it can make us lazy, and we will start to get worse at a lot of stuff.

It is prone to biases and misunderstanding, just like a person. it will be an interesting trip up the hype curve!

• mozz@mbin.grits.dev
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

Well, that’s a pretty silly statement. Saying it’s impossible for this technology to be useful or a good thing, is just silly as if someone else said it’s inevitable that it’ll be a good thing.

The chicken pox vaccine didn’t solve war in the middle east, but I’d still argue that it’s clearly good that it happened. Same for AI; it can be good without needing to clear this insanely high bar you seem to feel is necessary for it to prove its usefulness.

For what it’s worth, though, the part I’ll agree with you on is that people will misuse the technology in ways to scam others out of money, or to make the world a worse place, maybe so much so that it eclipses any good that comes out of it. I’m just saying that’s a choice they’re making, not something inherent in the technology itself.

• Carl@mastodon.nzoss.nz
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          5 months ago

@mozz @palitu @ryannathans @Deceptichum

It’s the complete abrogation of human values to a system that is being presented as being the saviour of everything that really pisses me off.

Going back to the original thread… the sum total of all of that effort in coding, training, power consumption and hardware has been to…

produce a picture of a female Australian politician with bigger tits…

coz that’s what the techbro built model/configuration/metadata said.

Complete. Waste. Of. Time.