• gunnerfra@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

So basically Chelsea do us a favour tomorrow. We then overtake Liverpool on Sunday by giving them a sound drubbing. Klopp breaks down declares himself unworthy of coaching such a historic club, checks himself into a facility. Liverpool declare an interest in Pep, City refuse to countenance that, no one believes Pep’s declarations of loyalty to the club. City fall apart and Arsenal win the league.

Simples

• MHPengwingz@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

Great win but conceding that was unnecessary lol

Glad to see ESR back, we got more bbq to grill guys

• sensiblepuffin@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

I really don’t want to shit on the team, I’m glad we’re on an upward swing, but… I am not satisfied with our recent performance. All we’ve basically done is spin the wheel some more; if we’re going to rely on a lower shot conversion, we need to find more shots in a match. We can’t afford to just hope that the statistics will bear out.

• Nuggsy@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

Happy about the win! Need to string more of these together if we want to stay competitive.

I think overall, we played fairly well. Just the same issues as usual.

We struggle against breaking down a defence. Once we open them up and they need to respond, it opens up space for us to play.

Otherwise, we pass the ball around the back to draw them out of position, but end up mostly going down the wings and crossing or passing the ball back down field.

I also feel like we could have more presence in the box for rebounds or something, but we probably dont have that sort of minded striker atm.

Just some of my general thoughts.