I don’t know who needs to hear this where, but being able to sort a user’s comments by controversial would be a quick way to get a gauge on how generally inflammatory a user is when moderating one of their comments.

• krayj@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

People get downvoted by others who disagree with them or just don’t like what they said. The same comment would get upvoted in one community and downvoted in another.

I don’t think sorting a user’s comments by controversal is going to get you the data points you think it will.

I still think it would be a cool feature, mostly for the novelty of it, but I do not believe it will be anywhere close to a measure of how inflammatory a user is.

• krayj@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I’m not saying I doubt this, but I would like to know what data points you used to get to that conclusion. What platforms do you have access to where you can see how users downvoted in order for you to have concluded there’s a correlation between serial downvoting and toxicity?

• krayj@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

I just realized…you’re on kbin.social, which already publicly exposes which users downvoted something. Traditional lemmy instances don’t expose that info, so it didn’t make sense to me that it’d be possible to relate toxicity to downvoting. Kbin does it differently.