I’ve got one coming up soon and am nervous as hell, as usual.

• blkwolf@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

For my last interview, I used ChatGPT to help me train for it.

I uploaded the job announcement, description to ChatGPT, then asked it to be the hiring manager for that job and to ask me popular interview questions, and questions specifically related to the posted announcement.

It can take multiple prompting to get the flow right etc., but it gave me a chance to study and practice for the actual interview.

It seemed to have worked, as I had a job offer by the end of the week.

• Mrk421@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Whoa that’s kinda genius. Here I am wasting a tool by trying to get it to write Gregorian chants when it can actually do things

• Hal23@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Vitamin d3, maybe magnesium and room temperature water, 30 minutes to an hour before the interview (time to pee). Maybe it’s placebo, but it makes me feel way less anxious in many stressful (mentally) situations.

• BBKuma@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I’m saving this for future interviews. Thanks for the tip and congratulations on landing the job!!

• infernalaudit@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I can confirm, it worked well for me too. I didn’t have to do much prompt engineering, I just asked “Hello, can you please help me prepare for an interview?” and then “I have a job description - can you ask me interview questions based on this?”