My father just died in his sleep. He had passed by the time the paramedics arrived.

They still did their best, which I am very grateful for, but they even an entire trash bag full of used instruments that were stuffed under the bed for some reason

I’m glad that I found it sooner over later but it’s mildly infuriating that they just discarded their medical waste under his bed.

(NSFW some blood)

I’ve been taking care of him for over 5 years and it’s made things a lot harder for me, seeing all of that all over.

• popemichael@lemmy.sdf.orgOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

That’s a really good point. Yeah, they are doing a full investigation because they have to in Washington state if a person passes away at home.

I’m not really a fan of talking to the police, but they didn’t really even talk to me. It’s such an obvious thing that he died in his sleep, I suppose.

• Sjy@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I also don’t like talking to the police, even more so when I’m off duty, but I work in Florida and I’ve worked in a few counties, some after I attempted resuscitation I’d call the medical examiner’s office and tell them what’s going on and then they’d say if they wanted to come investigate or not, but currently where I work operates the same as you’re describing medical examiner comes out and investigates any death that didn’t happen under direct care of a physician.

Anyway, I’m sure you’ve got a lot going on so please toss that bag of garbage, it isn’t worth your time and effort to think about and I wish you the best in this tough time.