Hello! We’re looking to share pics gifs and videos of ourselves. We’re wondering if there is a reccomended or preffered site to host this content on that we can then link/ post here? Do any sites link/work with Lemmy better? Just want to see if there are any standards or oreffered hostings sites for this instance.

Another concern is a site that takes user security/ privacy seriously

I looked at the sidebar and stickied post, didn’t really see anything about this. Sorry if this is asked a lot.

Thanks! TFN

• thefuckinnerds@lemmynsfw.comOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Thanks for the reccomends! I was reading a comment yesterday that suggested that since Lemmy instances are privately hosted, the more that is uploaded/hosted here, the more the instance owner is ultimately paying. I figured I’d keep the load (not that kinda load) off of the Lemmy instance, and put that cost on someone else.

• flute@lemmynsfw.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

If you are tech savvy enough, you can always try running your own PeerTube instance for videos. Not sure for images - maybe Pixelfed?

That way you have complete control over your videos (just make sure you prevent instances from federating with yours to keep it on your own turf)