• UNWILLING_PARTICIPANT@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

Disclaimer: I just don’t think this game is for us (or me) and want to do a mini rant. I’m not saying it’s a bad game.

Yeah I’m at Act 2, and just got off one big combat encounter and then another 12 enemies jump out at me around the next corner for ANOTHER unskippable encounter and it’s like COME ON why does it have to be so involved, so tedious, so feelbad. I’ll pull up a game for a play session and an hour later I’m still in the same room. The most fun I have is when I find some new way to cheese the AI, because playing by the game’s rules offers no more novelty or pleasure for me, only endurance and a trial of patience.

Anyway, I might try again on the lowest difficulty level, but then I fear the combat would turn into a chore with no challenge. What’s weird to me is I loved the combat in Divinity 2 and often wished there was more, but while I recognise their shared DNA, I really rue getting tangled up in the combat in BG3.

Anyway to be fair many encounters are skippable, or even alterable by your actions outside of combat, so that is very cool.

In closing thank you for reading, and I’m genuinely happy for anyone who is enjoying this game, and I’ll be happy if they release even more for you. God knows we haven’t got a big one like this in a very long time so enjoy :)

Jesus Christ what’s wrong with me rofl