I only got a 14 pro max because the old phone had something wrong with it and when I first saw the Dynamic island I was like eh that’s neat but so what. And when they were talking about live updates people kept coming back to sports scores as what it could do but I don’t really watch much sports so I sort of yawned.

Now that it’s been out for a bit food delivery and running apps have done some nice touches so that I always have quick access to timing information. I’ve wanted them to put Nike Run Club stats on my Lock Screen forever. The other one I love is it tells me how long till my food delivery gets here in Uber.

Anyone else have any apps that this improved quality of life for?

• Spat_U_Later@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I really like having music/audio thumbnails in dynamic island while I’m using my phone. It’s nice to be able to tap onto the thumbnail and jump straight to the app playing audio.

I’m really hoping for some more cool things to come to the dynamic island, but it all depends on if Apple continues it for the next model of iPhone.

• Jackolantern@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I have an old IPhone. But I’m gearing to upgrade towards the end of the year. I can’t wait to try out the dynamic island and always on features.

• andyster@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Why would it be better? I like how it puts some useful information up there. What would be the benefit of going back to black?

• 1brokeguy@aussie.zone
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Sorry, i meant it would be better if there is no notch. We already have a top status bar that shows the time, signal strength, and battery. The dynamic info can sit in the middle. The notch is annoying watching video in landscape.