Feel free to choose your time reference (per month, per year, etc.)

• kusttra@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

I buy for myself only sporadically - most of my stuff comes from Christmas presents. It probably comes out to about $200 a year, maybe $300. Admittedly, if we lived closer to a LEGO store, it would probably be a fair bit more…

• Devdogg@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

Each paycheck (every two weeks) I get something kinda small, like $25-50. Then around my birthday and Xmas I get myself something very nice.

• BlazeOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

First time I hear about this, I’ll have a look

• Radical Dog@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      5 months ago

For me it’s been about £25 a month as I can get about 2 sets turned around monthly with the £5 delivery. (I could do more, it just takes ~4 working days each end to both receive and return).

Only downside is the biggest sets have so little availability, some are just gone the instant they come back in stock.

• redditron_2000_4@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

I bought the tranquil garden at Costco last fall, and since then (4 months) I am about $800 in…. I bought all the Star Wars dioramas, the MoMa Starry Night and the 4-panel spacescapes. I’m forcing myself to only do one bag a night to spread them out. I have no where left to display them…

• Lupec@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

I haven’t really bought a set in decades at this point, although I still appreciate LEGO a lot. It’s a combination of them having shot up in price pretty intensely where I live due to a seemingly ever weakening currency and my disposable income gravitating more towards gaming and tech these days. I’ll be damned if some of the ideas sets aren’t tempting though!

The one kind of exception here is I did pick up a full set of pre-owned gen 1 toas last year for pretty cheap because it’s something I’ve always wanted to own. I’m glad bricklink exists lol

• Shjosan@sopuli.xyz
    cake
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

Think any given year it ends up being around 400€ total. About 200€-300€ for myself, and about then maybe 100€-200€ as gifts for family and friends.

• wagnerst@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

I have not been back long to LEGO. So I have some catching up to do. Maybe 100€ per month.