Well my Honor run ended in the House of Healing.

Fight Re-Cap: Everyone hurting but alive. 2 Nurses dead, 2 more about to be dead. If all goes to plan so will Mr. Thorm.

Gale : Die Nurses. Shadowheart : Boo Bitch. All Nurses: Dead. Me: Paladin (Vengeance) ALL THE SMITES TO FACE!! (Smoke Clears) Malus Thorm: not Dead. 18 hit points left. I got this…

And now i want to die. Malus’s turn is up, Karlach is next. Easy Win. I didn’t look to see what was cast, I was too in shock. Malus cast something, moved away from the rest of my group. Next thing i know Karlach is running to the middle of my group puts something on the ground and starts to swing.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I see on the ground of all the items she is carrying, she sets down the Runepodwer Vial.

Boom goes the dynamite.

I am heading to the bar.

• teft@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    5 months ago

Wail of Loss. Its an AOE confusion spell cast by the sisters.

Very unfortunate. Good luck on your next run. Ill pour one out for your Tav.

• Seasoned_Greetings@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

All of this is very unfortunate indeed, considering you can essentially convince malus to kill himself in your first conversation with him, avoid that battle, and still reap all the xp (and loot since all of the nurses then become completely neutral)

Maybe worth remembering for your next honour run huh?

• teft@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

That’s only applicable with a good face in the group. His final check is a DC21 Persuasion or Deception. Usually for me in my runs with just a fighter or barb as face I end up convincing him to kill his nurses and then fail on the final one and then he’ll usually get at least one resurrection of a sister off before I down him.