• Psythik@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      5 months ago

The “border crisis” is made up. If we opened our borders, suddenly there wouldn’t be a “crisis” anymore and the vast majority of Americans would see no change in their day-to-day lives.

America needs to stop worrying about non existent issues and focus more on taking care of their citizens.

• thoughtorgan@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        5 months ago

If you watched the video, I think you wouldn’t be replying to me like this.

Your point was like the core fucking focus of the video.

There’s a crisis because people need to cross illegally to start the asylum process. Instead of it being more accessible.

• Hawk@lemmy.dbzer0.com
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          5 months ago

So, according to your own logic, if the asylum would be more accessible then there would be no border crisis.

That’s exactly what he’s telling you

link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            5 months ago

THAT’S WHAT I’M FUCKING SAYING. I’M AGREEING WITH YOU GUYS.

fuckin lemmy is insufferable god dam you all suck

• Psythik@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            5 months ago

Exactly. I don’t need to watch the video. The talking points from the “bOrDeR cRiSiS” people are always the same. Come up with a new argument.

• Happybara@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      5 months ago

I see what you’re doing here, but I’m afraid you were doomed the moment you linked a 23 minute video. People don’t have that kind of attention spans for their own family, let alone a stranger trying to make a point on the internet.

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        5 months ago

There’s literally a border crisis. A huge one. Anyone saying otherwise is too blind to see the trees for the forest.

I didn’t make a mistake posting a video. Others made a mistake making huge assumptions and slinging shit immediately. I’m not responsible for others jumping the gun.

• Laticauda@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      5 months ago

It’s not an army of people storming the gates to take over the country it’s individuals or families trying to climb a wall or swim across a dangerous river and risking death to try and escape a bad situation or make a new life for themselves. Or in regards to legal immigrants struggling to be processed it’s an issue with a lack of resources allocated to them. Maybe some of them are criminals but contrary to popular belief most criminals that deal in border crossing either have a way of getting through the border “legally” or don’t have to cross the border themselves at all. And it’s the “criminals storming the gates” style of border crisis that these people in the convoy are imagining.