Despite the triggering headline, this is a pretty good article that talks about how younger men are falling for this horseshit

• gapbetweenus@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    5 months ago

You need to create media tailored to them but with progressive message. There is no one size fits them all approach and I would say no receipy. In general it has to be an artist who understands their life experience rather well and has the skills to make content they will enjoy. People like Contrapoints and Hasan definitely have some success with reaching that audience.

• gapbetweenus@feddit.de
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        5 months ago

There is a ton of negative messaging about males coming from the left.

I would disagree. There are sure some, but I would say most comes from misrepresentation through the right or mainstream media. I gave even two examples of creators targeting young male audience in quite different ways.

if you take a young man and give him a choice between a group that treats him as the villain

Again I disagree that feminism treats man as the villain. On most fundamental level it’s critique of a system not individuals to beginn with. While at the same time I give you that there are feminist groups that are fundamentally misandrist, that is not the case for the movement as a whole and I would even argue not the case for the majority of people who see themselves as feminist.