• Jamie@jamie.moe
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Man I really hope so. I’m in a 25/3 wasteland. My dad, a town over, is even lower. About 7/0.8.

• RiotRick@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

Meanwhile in the Netherlands, I can choose between several gigabit providers. Symmetrical on fiber or asymmetrical on cable. I’ve been on gigabit fibre for a couple of years.

• Jamie@jamie.moe
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Can I have that problem instead of being stuck to a single ISP that charges more for copper wire service than they do fiber in the places they have it?

• RiotRick@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            11 months ago

At the moment €30/month. But this was a deal for a couple of months. Regular price is €45/month. This is T-Mobile btw. When combine it with a cellular plan. They give a discount of €5/month on the fiber and €2,50/month on the cellular plan.

• Jamie@jamie.moe
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

I live in podunk nowhere, but if the amount of time since I’ve had that speed could buy things, I think it’d be old enough to buy cigarettes.

Also I’m surprised CenturyLink is even still alive.

• Zorque@kbin.social
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

They rebranded as Lumen, so they could provide the same shitty service to people who were already wary of them.

• Saik0@lemmy.saik0.com
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            11 months ago

And rebranded their fiber AGAIN as Quantum… (And somehow got q.com… So jealous…) Presumably because even as “Lumen” they’ve screwed their brand…