• LilDumpy@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

Mainly because the 15 sucks ass from Ontario all the way to the south side of Corona, then sucks ass again at Temecula.

• FireRetardant@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      5 months ago

Adding more lanes will not fix that, there may be a short period of better flow but most lane widdening projects end up making congestion and traffic worse.

The only real way to fix traffic is provide viable alternatives to driving.

• LilDumpy@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        5 months ago

Very true, doesn’t change the fact the 15 sucks ass. And I don’t really foresee the IE investing on those alternatives, so I guess I’ll take some shitty temporary progress over none.

• HorseWithNoName@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      5 months ago

Temecula is a shitshow, partly from all the recent construction. But it already has 5 lanes, and even more once you get to the 215 split. I never even see anyone on the toll roads (by comparison to the main freeway) south of Temecula, so if that’s what they’re putting in, maybe they should charge less if they actually expect people to use them.

• LilDumpy@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

I forgot Temecula already is pretty wide. I wonder if the expansion would be around Corona then.