source: https://twitter.com/wagslane/status/1637910671781404673

image description:
a girl is smiling in front of the camera, not directly looking at it. in front of her is a big cake. the text on her reads, “PM showing off latest features”
just on the left and a little behind is a guy, out of focus, blankly staring at the cake. the text on him reads, “dev getting 0 credit”

• AlteredStateBlob@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

I once had a sales-bro tell the client we’d “monitor the internet for X”. That has remained one of the most important hammers for me to wield when discussions even start coming up. How the fuck does one “monitor the internet” to a degree that fits the clients interpretation of this phrase. Sales guy is still with us and a good lad, he owns that mistake. But fuck was it ever crazy.

• flashgnash@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

I have to imagine it’s quite difficult to do that job well without actually knowing how technology works

• ninjan@lemmy.mildgrim.com
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

Yeah my take away there is if that’s the tech level of your sales guys you need to have a tech sales role and a strict ban on the pure sales people even attempting talking tech. Sales should be talking business and business needs that the solution can adress.