Since there’s no self posts here yet, I thought I’d bring up a question for those that decided to settle into Lemmy. Welcome to those here so far!

There’s a ton of reasons to choose the a Pixel, but what’s one or two major points that keep you hooked?

For me, I’m in love with the speed of the UI, and of course the ability to sideload apps if I want. Being in control of a device you spend a lot of money on makes a lot of sense.

• lfod14@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Easy, because it lets me run GrapheneOS, not into my phone being a house arrest anklet, nor it being my personal data miner.

• Solaris1789@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

The killer point for me is that its supported by all android distros like lineage graphene and calyxos.

• JshKlsn@lemmy.mlM
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Every other phone is full of garbage bloatware that is not easily uninstalled from the worse companies, like Amazon, Meta, and Microsoft.

Other companies promise updates, but you’re waiting months if not years (or even never) for them.

and most importantly, every other phone I have used is super laggy or stuttery. Even though the Pixel 6/7 have lesser specs than the S22 Ultra, the S22 Ultra performed terribly compared to my 6 Pro (I now have a 7 Pro).

I posted a comment on Lemmy about my experience with my S22 Ultra and how it was filled with ads, despite it costing $2000 CAD ($700 MORE than the Pixel 6/7 Pro) and being an unlocked model.

• z3rOR0ne@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

I literally bought it just to install GrapheneOS because I was tired of Apple’s ecosystem. I have no idea what the experience on a stock Pixel is like.

I have no love for Google either, but at least they give me freedom over my phone OS and the Graphene team offers security updates for five years from release. Not as long a support window as Apple, but the experience on Graphene is better. This is mainly due to having sandboxed Google Play and Fdroid access.

• c4444v@lemmy.one
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

For me, I love Android and to me Pixel is the “iPhone” of the Android world. I prefer software to hardware as well and I think they get the combo right.

Also you can never go wrong with the camera.

• frostycakes@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’ve loved clean Android since the Nexus 5 days, so the Pixel line was the natural place for me to end up. The cameras have been a nice bonus, and the call filtering alone would be enough to keep me in the Pixel camp.

They’re just fluid and uncluttered, plus they can be tinkered with without voiding the warranty (unlike the Motorola I owned a while back). Helps that there’s always great ROM support as well once they fall off of official support.

• BuxtonWater@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Same points here for me, but I had more emphasis on the camera which is why I went with my 6A.

• squirrel
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

The clean non-bloated UI and the monthly security updates are the main reasons I use a pixel